Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Give me underwhelmed ecstasy.

I refuse to feel overwhelmed.  Oh, I have many, many things to do. But most stuff will get done. Whenever. And maybe never. I recognize that I can’t do it all. Certainly, not today. Therefore, I set reasonable priorities. Doing what I want to do. Even if that means wasting time.  I like to waste time. Without qualms of conscience. Because that relaxes me.  Puts me at ease. Others in my life may put pressure on me to do this and that. But I’m the ultimate decider. I refuse to accept too many tasks.  I even reject too many pleasures. Because I don’t want to be spread thin. I’d rather savor a single pleasure  Rather than an overwhelming number. A true lover (of life and other things) has to take his time. Not be in a hurry. Some of my finest moments come in an underwhelmed state of ecstasy. –Jim Broede

No comments: