Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My vow: To be clutter-free.

After living in clutter, I am becoming Mr. Neat. Yes, I have evolved. Into an anti-clutter freak. Thing is, I accumulated far too much stuff in my lifetime. But there’s been big change in the last six years. Ever since I met my Italian true love.  She’s opened not only my eyes. But my mind and heart as well. In so many, many ways.   Not least, to ridding myself of clutter. Much of it unnecessary material possessions. For instance, I have collected several thousand cassette music tapes. Most of ‘em stored in my small attic. But they used to be stored all over the house. Yesterday, I started clearing out 90 percent of the cassettes. Donating ‘em to the local thrift store. Where they will be sold for 50 cents each.  Used to be that I didn’t want to part with stuff. But I’m finally recognizing that I have way too much stuff. It’s really not meaningful stuff. It’s clutter.  Therefore, I am on a mission. To cultivate a clutter-free environment. All I really need is one precious treasure. My Italian true love.  Virtually everything else can go. –Jim Broede

No comments: