Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Politics ain't my game.

To succeed in politics, especially at a higher level of government, one must be a member of a political party. That would turn me off. Immediately. Because I would lose a great deal of my independence. Of course, I could declare that I’m an independent. But that would make the going very difficult. One generally needs the backing of a political party. And in America, that means either the Democrats or the Republicans. I’d be a poor fit. In any  party. But I’d come closet to fitting in with the Democrats. Because they are more tolerant of independent thinking.  But still, I wouldn’t feel comfortable. Thing is, I dislike playing politics. It’s a game that can get mean and nasty and intolerant. Another reason for me to steer clear. Furthermore, I’d be ineffective in the political realm.  Because I don’t want to play the game. –Jim Broede

No comments: