Thursday, October 17, 2013

Feeling Italian round-the-clock.

I live in two time zones. Seven hours apart. Here in Minnesota, it’s 4 in the morning. But my Italian true love is in Sardinia. Where it’s an hour before noon. Last night, I put her to bed. With a telephone call. On Skype. She retired at 4 in the afternoon. Ooops! I mean nearly midnight, Sardinian time. I’ve adjusted well.  To living in two places. Simultaneously. Years ago, I wore two watches. A reminder to flip back and forth. But not any more. I automatically know. Of the moment in Italy. Because I am in Italy. Spiritually. Though still physically in Minnesota. Like thinking in two languages.  Admittedly, I’m not much with Italian lingo.  But hey, that doesn’t stop me from feeling Italiano. Round-the-clock . –Jim Broede

No comments: