Thursday, November 14, 2013

Better than being a cat.

I’d love to get into the minds of my cats. To think like Loverboy and Chenuska. That’s the point. I wonder if they think. Real thoughts.  Or do they have robotic minds?  Do they know they are cats? Do they have a perception of selves?  What is their level of consciousness? Do they find ways to speak/communicate with each other?  In very conscious ways. Are they aware of the possibility of death?  If so, do they fear death? How meaningful am I in their lives? Am I friend?  Do they miss me when I’m gone?  Do they understand some of my spoken words?  Such as ‘no.’  Meanwhile, I’m assuming that elsewhere in creation, there is life far more intelligent than we humans.  Life forms that we  are incapable of recognizing. Because the intelligence gap between us and them may be equivalent to the chasm between humans and ants. Fascinating stuff. Makes me wonder if I’m condemned to never be anything more than a relative low-life human. But I suppose that’s better than being an ant…or a cat. –Jim Broede

No comments: