Saturday, November 2, 2013

Call me an optimist.

In some ways, I’m ashamed to be an American. One example. I’ve allowed lunatic fringe Republicans to take over one house of Congress. Not that I can do anything about it. Other than to complain. And to feel ashamed. For the sake of America. Gotta live with it. The best way I can. I suppose it could be slightly worse. If I had lived in Nazi Germany. I would have felt helpless there, too.  Because mean-spirited movements are mean-spirited movements. They occur. Yes, crap happens. And one has to get on with life.  Fortunately, the Nazis went away. With a big assist. Defeat in World War II. I don’t know what it’s gonna take to  make diehard Republicans go away. But hey, call me an optimist. Ultimately, something good and decent will prevail. –Jim Broede

No comments: