Saturday, November 2, 2013

Makes me a true blue American.

I am a spy. A natural born spy. A master spy. Because I am an American. I’ve confessed. To my Italian true love.  I spy for my country.  I’ve mastered the art of spying. Nobody does it better than I. I pretend to not know the Italian language. When I speak fluent Italian. Because that allows me to eavesdrop on conversations. Italians think I don’t speak Italian. So they say anything in front of me. Even bombarding me with insults.  But I understand. Every word. Every nuance. I speak many, many languages. German. French. Czech, Russian. Chinese. You name it. I speak it. But I pretend to be a nincompoop. A dummy. An idiot. That gives me access. Makes me the greatest, most proficient spy in the world.  Makes me a true blue American.  –Jim Broede

No comments: