Monday, November 25, 2013

About my love for life.

I retired. About 15 years ago. After a lifetime of writing. For newspapers. All sorts of stories. Features. Politics. Human interest stuff. About life. Retirement became a figure of speech. Never did retire, really.  I kept writing. Rarely miss a day. This blog, for instance. And letters. Emails. I’ve written millions of words. Poems. Reflections. Maybe more written words and thoughts than in all the years before 'retirement.' Started as a kid. In elementary school. My own neighborhood newspaper.  And mystery stories. Written in English class. In junior high school. The teacher had me read the most imaginative stuff. In class. Satires. Involving my classmates.  They laughed. Self-discovery.  I was able to reach people.  With my written words. Marvelous. Creative. Didn’t matter if it was crappy writing. Point was. I dared to write. To experiment.  To create my own style. My own thoughts. Ever-evolving.  Still am. Into new forms. Love letters, for instance. Never imagined that would be my forte. Expressions. In writing. About my love for life. –Jim Broede

No comments: