Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thoughts of life and love.

I often remind myself that I’m alive. And able to savor life. So that’s what I do. Virtually every day. I have lived some days without savoring, without bothering to think that I was conscious. Instead, more or less going through the motions of living. Like a robot. That was a long time ago. So for a while, I took to carrying a reminder note. In my pocket. Along with my loose change. ‘Remember, Jimmy Boy, you are an alive and conscious being. Think about the significance of it all.’  Anyway, I don’t need notes any more. But I’m sure that some do. The people that have forgotten that they are alive.  Anyway, I make it a point to write. Daily.  A blog. A journal. About life. And love. The two are intertwined.  A day never passes without vivid written thoughts of life and love. –Jim Broede

No comments: