Sunday, November 10, 2013

Winter ain't so bad.

Let the arctic air come. I’m ready for it. I insulated the three big living room windows tonight. I already had the bedroom windows and a sliding glass door insulated. The south window by my computer, too. Later this week, I’ll do the kitchen window by the sink. And the bathroom window. And maybe one of the windows in the kitty room. Also I raked more leaves early this evening. Big piles which I will pick up and move onto wetlands across the road. I’ll keep raking the yard. Until a snow cover arrives. It’s one winterizing project after another. I’m enjoying it. Also did 30 miles on my bike. And took the neighbor’s dog for a one-mile walk. I’m a human dynamo. In action all the time. I’ll continue to take to my bike even when the arctic air mass moves in. I’ll wear a ski mask and a warm jacket. Won’t let winter defeat me. Winter is nice. If one learns how to deal with it. I’m in love with life. And that includes winter. But I am looking forward to spending several weeks in Arizona in December and January. A break from winter. With my wonderful Italian true love.  It’ll be her first time in the American Southwest.—Jim Broede

No comments: