Sunday, November 10, 2013

Nothing is more real than love.

I have a theory. About the relativity of love. One must first imagine being in love in order to be truly in love. Imagination plays a big role. I’ve always wanted to fall in love. But at the beginning, I didn’t know what it meant to be in love. So I had to think about it. I began imagining. Different scenarios.  And always, love seemed like a good thing. Therefore, I went in pursuit of love.  To put my ideas to the test.  And sure enough, I was able to fall in love. With my first true love. And when she died after 38 years of marriage, I imagined that my love life wasn’t over. Sure enough, a second true love emerged. Found her in an unexpected place. In Italy. And then there’s another bonus. Having discovered, with the help of my fertile imagination, that I’m in love with life.  Not only relatively speaking. Because nothing is more real than love. –Jim Broede

No comments: