Wednesday, December 18, 2013

I feel spied upon.

My email provider, Hotmail, is spying on me.  Looking into my e-mail files, and keeping track of the computers I use. As if it's their business. Generally, I use my personal computer at home in Minnesota. But on Tuesday I traveled to Arizona for a winter break. Which meant I had to find another computer to use while on vacation. But when I tried to sign in to my e-mail account, I was denied access by Hotmail. Solely because I wasn't logging in on my usual computer. I was supposed to unequivocally prove to Hotmail's security personnel  that I was really Jim Broede, and not an imposter. I have spent two days trying to do that. Without success. It's been frustrating. I need to reach people. By email. And maybe some are trying to reach me. Don't know. Because Hotmail keeps denying me access to my emails.  First off, it's none of their damn business whether I'm using a computer in Minnesota or Arizona. My computer. Or a friend's computer. Furthermore, they have no right to know where I'm residing today or any day. I have a right to privacy. I don't want to be spied upon and brought under suspicion. Anyway, this security check stuff must be a recent thing. Because I've been spending winters in Sardinia with my Italian true love. And when I was there, I used her personal computer for my email. In those days, Hotmail never questioned it. That was in the good old days. When I was still able to live as a free man. Maybe not so any more in America. Take Edward Snowden, for instance. The federal government wants to put him on trial -- for espionage. For being a traitor. For exposing the government. For spying on its citizens. Well, Snowden happens to be my hero. Wonder if that makes me suspect. Maybe the government has enlisted Hotmail to spy on me. --Jim Broede 

No comments: