Thursday, December 19, 2013

My greatest fear.

Think of it, folks, I have been labeled a 'suspicious' character. All because I tried to access my Hotmail/email account from other than my personal home computer. My provider raised  the issue that this aroused their suspicions of a security breach. If this isn't a scary Orwellian development, then please tell me what is. I'm into my third day of trying to convince Hotmail security personnel to let me into my email. To get over it. To accept me as a user of multiple computers. Not only from Minnesota to Arizona, but all the way to Sardinia, where I reside for lengthy times with my Italian true love. In fact, she's meeting me in Arizona for the holidays. Please know, dear Hotmail, that it's no secret. I'm in love. And I am a romantic idealist, a spiritual free-thinker, a proud political liberal, a lover and a dreamer. I shouldn't be considered a 'suspicious' character. Maybe a harmless goofball, yes. Please, Hotmail/Microsoft, clear up this matter. And get out of my private life. Let me operate like a free man. Above suspicion. I've been your customer for over a decade. And I have thousands of emails stored with you. At a reasonable annual cost. You used to be on good behavior. Causing me no problems and providing a neat service, too. But you've changed. Into a snoop. That's not supposed to be your business. By the way, the same goes for the National Security Agency (NSA). Did they put you up to spying? On me and your other customers? That's my greatest fear. U.S. citizens being robbed of their freedom and right to privacy.  All for the sake of bogus security. --Jim Broede

No comments: