Sunday, December 1, 2013

On accepting my destiny.

Everything is preordained. My life.  Everything. Can’t be altered. No matter how hard I try. My every movement. Is dictated. By a life force. Over which I have absolutely no control. When I think otherwise, it’s self-deception.  There is no such thing as free will. That’s my opinion at the moment. Give me time. Until tomorrow. And I’ll change my mind. Only because it’s preordained that I will. Shifting. Back and forth.  Wish I truly had free rein. That my destiny wasn't on a set, unalterable course. But today, I know better. Beyond a doubt. That everything falls into place.  Just the way the creator meant it to.  He knows exactly what’s gonna happen next. Like clockwork. Tick. Tick. Tick. Every tick followed by another tick. Endless ticks. Until the end of time. When it all begins over again. In the exact same way. Nothing different. I’ll still be writing my blog. Like a crazy man. Compelled (maybe condemned) to accept my destiny. –Jim Broede

No comments: