Sunday, January 19, 2014

A sad state of affairs.

I have slight qualms of conscience. Over the thread posted below this one. About Chris Christie, the governor of New Jersey. Poking fun at him.  Partly because of his rotund appearance. Being fat. Yes, I shouldn’t do that, I know. But still I do it. I could just as easily erase that thread. And pretend I never wrote it. But there it is. I’m letting it stand. Because sometimes I’m downright judgmental. About people I dislike. Especially mean-spirited politicians. Usually, Republicans. I should be nicer. Even to my perceived enemies. I was taught to love my enemies. But that’s a virtually impossible task. Yes, a task. Work. Something less than pleasure. I hold Christie in disdain. Partly because he’s unfair. To his adversaries. But that’s natural. For a politician. Politics ain’t a fair game. It’s full of deceit. Lies. Retaliatory stuff. I have little respect for Christie. I’d hate to see him become president. Though there are many politicians far worse. But we Americans can do better. By electing Elizabeth Warren, for instance. But that won’t happen. The likes of Chris Christie will prevail.  Indeed, a sad state of affairs. –Jim Broede

No comments: