Sunday, January 19, 2014

Loving: In soothing & savoring ways.

I had a nice time watching/listening to football games over the weekend. Because I wasn’t emotionally attached to any of the teams. If my favorite team, the Chicago Bears, has been involved –well, then it would have been a different story. I would have been emotionally involved, Jubilant. Ecstatic. That is, if the Bears had won. But I would have been dejected. Stressed. Maybe even downright morose. If the Bears had lost. The outcome would have mattered. To me, personally and emotionally. I’m saying all this. Because I wish to make a point. I see advantages and disadvantages to being involved emotionally in all sorts of matters. Most of all, I like the emotion of love. It’s often gratifying. Satisfying. But I could live without many of the other more stressful emotions.  That often occur while watching Bears and Cubs games.  Because I care too much. But when it comes to love, seems to me that I love to just the right degree. In soothing and savoring ways. –Jim Broede

No comments: