Saturday, January 18, 2014

Meeting strangers along the way.

Getting people to talk. More than they may want to. That’s a skill. That I cultivate. Approaching strangers. And having them volunteer all sorts of information. Even personal stuff.  And I do it. By setting the example. Maybe by pulling out my calling card. Early on. Which identifies me. As a romantic idealist. A spiritual free-thinker. A political liberal. A lover. A dreamer. Yes, I’ve defined myself. Now it’s time for the strangers to reciprocate. To tell me something significant. Invariably, they do.  It’s an intriguing way to meet people. Sometimes, we maintain contact. Because my card has my email address. My phone number. My blog address.  Right away. Strangers know I’m a curious fellow.  A writer, too. I write every day. About life. And love.  I love being alive. So I can meet strangers along the way. –Jim Broede

No comments: