Saturday, January 18, 2014

Precious moments of true love

Seven years ago today. My dear sweet Jeanne died. After a 13-year bout with Alzheimer’s. After 38 years of marriage. The bottom dropped out of my life. But really, it opened the door. To the rest of my life. I got on. Cultivated a second true love. A lovely, charming Italian. I’ve traveled the world. The Italian Alps. Venice. Rome. Edinburgh. The highlands of Scotland. Iceland. France. Germany. I live with my true love in Sardinia, an island paradise in the Mediterranean Sea. And she lives with me in Minnesota. Back and forth. Life is good. Always has been. Always will be. As long as I am an alive and conscious being. Even the moments of sadness. I relish it all. Because my life stems from precious moments of true love.  –Jim Broede

No comments: