Friday, February 28, 2014

Accepting the world as it is.

I'm pro-Russia. Won’t bother me if Russia interferes in affairs in neighboring Ukraine. We Americans are uppity. Obama has warned Russia to not meddle. To stay out. And let the Ukrainians decide their own future. That’s fine. In principle. But that’s not the way of the world. Big nations act like bullies. No finer example than the USA. We Americans have bullied our way all over the Western Hemisphere. And then we have the gall to chastise Russia for doing the same sort of bullying in its neighborhood. Furthermore, the eastern half of Ukraine is mostly ethnic Russian.  I like Russia’s influence in the world. It’s for the good. Anyway, Russians are a good people. Just as good as Americans.  Maybe just as bad, too. But I have no control over that. I accept the world as it is – and get on with life. –Jim Broede

No comments: