Friday, February 28, 2014

My worst nightmare.

Occasionally, I encounter someone I thoroughly dislike. Without even meeting the guy. Yes, I know that’s being unfair. To Ted Cruz, the U.S. senator from Texas. I’m judging Cruz from a distance. From what I’ve seen or heard on TV. For me, he represents everything vile in American politics. His ego knows no bounds. He wears blinders. Has no desire for compromise. His way is the only way. He’s grossly unfair. Therefore, I have no qualms about treating him unfairly. Just the same way he’d treat me, and most everyone else. Cruz would like to be president some day. So that he could fashion America his way. Fortunately, it’s unlikely to happen. But still, it’s a scary possibility. Germany went for Hitler. Italy went for Mussolini. America going for – no, no, no. Please. Spare me from a horrid thought. My worst nightmare. –Jim Broede

No comments: