Friday, February 28, 2014

Two down, one to go.

I’m crazy. In nice ways. Because I’m harmless crazy. I have virtually no power. Over other people. I have crazy ideas. Crazy thoughts. About love, for instance. And proudly proclaim that I’m a romantic idealist, a spiritual free-thinker, a political liberal, a lover, a dreamer. But I have no desire for political power. Or for abundant monetary or material wealth. I prefer to let people be themselves. Even to be crazy. Provided it’s in harmless ways.  Unfortunately, there are harmful crazies. Many of ‘em politicians. Ego-driven. Power-hungry. Pols such as Viktor Yanukovych, Silvio Berlusconi, Ted Cruz. Playing. Every day. On a world stage. In roles as dangerous buffoons. Amazes me no end. That they become celebrities. Because of their craziness. They ascend to positions of power. Fortunately, Yanukovych and Berlusconi are on the descent. Finally, fully recognized as blatantly harmful. To others. To their countries. Let’s hope that the same goes for Crazy Cruz.  The sooner, the better.  –Jim Broede

No comments: