Sunday, February 9, 2014

Learning the art of acceptance.

Sometimes, I fret over political outcomes. That’s stupid. On my part. Because fretting won’t change the outcome. I can wish it were otherwise. But that won’t change what happened. For instance, when George Bush got elected. To two terms. That was a political disaster. Two obscene and needless wars. Only thing I could do was endure. Let it be. Of course, I fretted. But that did no good. I went to the polls. And voted.  Against Bush. But didn’t matter. If I had stayed home, the outcome would have been the same. In my home congressional district. My representative is Michelle Bachmann. A pity. A shame. I can’t do anything about it. But fret. And thank the creator that she’s decided not to seek office next time around. When it comes to American politics, I’m a mere observer. Unless I just happen to be in the majority. Able to celebrate. And that rarely happens. Guess I have to learn the art of acceptance. Or keep fretting. –Jim Broede

No comments: