Saturday, February 15, 2014

My mission.

I have a few friends. In whom I have faith. And trust. Some friends have come. And gone. Died. Or drifted away. Strangers, too. Come into my life. Especially when I travel. After all, I have an Italian true love. And I live with her. Much of the time. In Sardinia. And do you know what? I put faith. And trust. In virtually everyone. In strangers. I wonder. Does that make me fearless?  Thing is. I’m in love. With life. I have no time to be fearful. Especially when I’m absorbed in the moment. Savoring life. And the people around me. Sure, I’m critical of goings-on. Things I see. Or hear about. The inequities. The mean spirits. The terror. The wars. The inhumanity. I’m cautioned. Daily. The world is a dangerous place. But still, I forge ahead. Living. Loving. Having faith. Trust. Trying to make the most. Of every day. –Jim Broede

No comments: