Saturday, March 15, 2014

A matter of respect.

There’s the Russian way. The Italian way. The German way. The French way. The British way. The Czech way. Oh, so many ways. I try to follow the American way. Most of the time. But really, it’s the Jimmy way. Doing as I please. A blend of many, many ways. Because I like all the ways on my list. I’m adaptable. Flexible.  I avoid being too negatively judgmental of other people’s ways. Now, I’m trying to better understand the Russian way. Also known as the Putin way. Russians are a special breed. Orthodox. Autocratic. In their leadership roles. The masses, however, tend to be submissive. Following their leaders. Dutifully. Once revering the czars. Then they took to communism. I understand. That’s their evolving nature.  To seek the common good. Far different than the more selfish American way. Not saying whether that’s good or bad. Merely, that’s reality. If I were Russian, I’d accept the Russian way. More or less.  That would be my nature. To show respect. For the Russian way. –Jim Broede

No comments: