Sunday, March 16, 2014

Like a monk in a monastery.

Democrats are a worried bunch. And they should be. They not only could keep losing the House of Representatives, but the Senate, too.  Of course, I personally don’t worry. About political calamities. I have better things to do. Such as getting on with life. Trying to be oblivious of political realities. Of any kind. I could adapt to living under communism. Or even a theocracy. Because I’m a flexible liberal. Able to find solace and peace of mind, one way or another. By accepting situations I can’t change.  Even when my dear sweet Jeanne had a 13-year bout with Alzheimer’s, and died – well, I still got on with life. During and after the siege. Trying valiantly to make the best of it. I’d do the same. Even if the wild-eyed, crazy conservative Republicans gained control of the entire seat of government.  I could still live in hell. By crawling into my cocoon. Turning inward. Into the spiritual realm. Like a monk in a monastery. Ignoring the hellish outside world. –Jim Broede

No comments: