Thursday, March 13, 2014

The pursuit of happiness.

Political events. Such as Russia’s take over of Crimea. And catastrophes. Such as the disappearance (and presumed crash) of the Malaysian jetliner. Such happenings have  little direct effect on me. Therefore. I get on with the rest of my life. Unless I let that stuff bother me. And generally, I don’t. Unless, of course, I’m a Ukrainian. Or if I had a friend or relative aboard the plane.  I rationalize. That I have no direct control over these things. I’m powerless. I’ve learned acceptance. Even when my dear sweet Jeanne had a 13-year siege with Alzheimer’s. I accepted. Though grudgingly. Yes, bad stuff happens. Grieve. For a while. But not forever. Instead, get on with life. Get on. Get on. That’s my credo. My refrain.  Find ways to make the best of life. Always pursue happiness. Despite the pitfalls.  –Jim Broede

No comments: