Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wow!!!

I’ve become a man with two countries. Since linking up with my Italian true love. Italy and the USA. Indeed, a nice arrangement. I go back and forth. So does she. We live together. And apart, too. Though we connect daily. One way or another. By phone. By email. By Skype. Our lives have become blended. Intertwined. I feel at home when in Italy. Specifically, Sardinia. The second largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. A paradise. With 1,200 miles of coastline. The homeland of my true love. Feels like mine, too. Though I’m also a lifelong American. A Minnesotan. With a nice home on a lake. Where we live together. In the summer. Other times, we also travel the world. Together. Europe. Britain. Iceland. Hopefully, Russia some day soon. St. Petersburg. Moscow. China, too. Beijing. Has me thinking. That maybe I’m a man with many, many countries. I’m starting to feel at home. Almost everywhere. Evolving. Into far more than an American. A true lover. Of the entire world. Wow!!! –Jim Broede

No comments: