Saturday, April 12, 2014

Happily. I only have now.

Thinking about happiness tonight.  Generally speaking, I’m happy. Because I’m not constantly wishing for more. I’m satisfied with now. I’m alive and conscious…and feeling well. And I’m capable of cultivating a loving relationship. I can be with my Italian true love. And alone, too. But I have the ability and wherewithal to connect with my true love. At any time. Merely by just thinking of her. Like now. And sending her a loving  thought or two. Add it all up. And it comes to the good life. Of course, life comes to an end. Sooner or later. But I can pretend that it doesn’t.  And that’s good enough to keep me happy. For now. And that’s all I ever have. Now. Now. Now. The past is gone. And the future never arrives. I only have now. –Jim Broede

No comments: