Saturday, April 12, 2014

Imagine. Life without bounds.

Aging ain’t all that bad. As long as dementia doesn’t set in. My consciousness keeps expanding. Because I have more words. With which to express myself.  Makes me more aware. Better able to communicate. Not only with others. But more importantly, with myself. When I was 16, I lacked the vocabulary that I now possess. Used to be, when I muttered thoughts, the right words eluded me. Still do. But not as often. Furthermore, I’ve learned not to waste words. To think and write in shorter sentences.  That leads to good results. Namely, a more meaningful life. When I was 16, it was difficult grasping the concept of love.  Can’t say that I fully grasp it now. But I’m better at it. In some ways, I don’t recognize the being I was at 16.  Almost a totally different person. If I lived another 100 years, or better yet, forever, I’d probably keep evolving. And not recognize who I am now. I’d be far more conscious. Far more aware.  Able to sit at the right hand of the creator. And carry on an intelligent conversation. Imagine that. Life without bounds. –Jim Broede

No comments: