Thursday, April 24, 2014

Like an airliner on auto-pilot.

I’m thinking. The course of my day. Maybe it just happens. Evolves.  Without any forethought. Without planning. Maybe that’s the way life is supposed to be. Could be I’m programmed. Like a robot.  I like to assume. That I’m independent. Born with free will. I choose. Exactly what I’m gonna do today. I make my own decisions. But sometimes I wonder. I don’t stop to think. I merely do. Automatically.  As if I’m going through motions. That require no thought.  For instance, when I’m out for a walk. Should I go to the right? Or the left? Turns out. I make an unconscious decision. And not always the same one. Maybe I’m no more than an airliner on auto-pilot. Fortunately, I don’t end up in the bottom of the Indian Ocean. –Jim Broede

No comments: