Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Too cold to sweat.

I’m learning. Not to sweat the small stuff. And believe me, almost everything that bothers me is small stuff. Ridiculously small. Such as whether the Chicago Cubs win or lose a baseball game. Whether it rains or shines.  Whether or not someone does me a favor. This kind of stuff shouldn’t matter. Yet, I’ve been known to allow it to matter. Even to the point of  becoming stressed. I’ve been too much of a wishful thinker. Wanting everything to fall into place. To go perfectly. In other words, to go my way. Maybe I was planning on a balmy sunny day. Instead, it’s cold and drizzly here in Minnesota.  And I wanted my Cubs to win their third straight game. Instead, they blew a 3-run lead in the ninth inning, and lost. But I’m taking it all in stride. By recognizing that this is small stuff. And maybe I owe a thanks to the weather gods. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. For doing me a favor. At least something went right. It's too cold to sweat. –Jim Broede

No comments: