Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The last name I'd want for myself.

I tend to be leery of anonymous people. Makes me wonder. Why they don’t identify themselves. I’m proud to let people know who I am. Right off the bat. I have a name. When I write to someone, I sign my name. And I have no hesitancy handing out my calling card.  With a clear identity. Romantic idealist. Spiritual free-thinker. Political liberal. Lover. Dreamer. Writer. Instantly. You have an idea. Who and what I am. You learn that I have little, if anything, to hide.  I’m not afraid of people knowing too much. And generally, I want them to reciprocate. Tell me something significant about themselves. Their name, too. So very many people that post on the Internet have the same name. Anonymous.  That’s the last name I’d want for myself. –Jim Broede

No comments: