Friday, May 23, 2014

A fool. For getting the tattoo.

Don’t know if I’d like working for Jill Abramson The recently deposed executive editor of the New York Times. Never met the 60-year-old Jill. I know very little. About her skills and personality. She boasts of having a big tattoo on her back. A Gothic-style ‘T.’ The one found in the masthead of the Times. I wonder. If she was in love. With her work. And workplace place. To the point of being branded.  Reports from New York indicate she has no intent of removing the ‘T.’ Though she’s piqued.  Having passed on the opportunity to resign and leave quietly.  Preferring being fired.  And raising a fuss. She’s alleged to have an abrasive management style. Rubbing some Times big-wigs the wrong way. Including the publisher.  At least Abramson and I have something in common. We aren’t afraid to alienate people. Makes me wonder. If we would alienate each other. I’d start. By telling her. She’s a fool. For getting the tattoo. –Jim Broede

No comments: