Saturday, May 10, 2014

A much-appreciated blessing.

Hypothetical questions. I bombard myself. Daily. With the hypothetical. To determine. My true feelings. If I had to choose. Between saving Friend A or Friend B. I’d hate to choose. But what if I had to?  Oh, what a dilemma. Today, I’m pondering.  What if I were compelled to live alone. On a desert island. For a long, long time. And I could bring the recorded music. Of a single composer. Who would it be? My apparent choices. Mozart. Haydn. Beethoven. I’d have the option of choosing only one. I’m leaning toward Haydn. Maybe because. At the moment. I’m listening to Haydn. Enamored. His music. Relaxing. Soothing. Mozart is inspirational. Beethoven passionate. But alone. On a desert island. I want to be relaxed. Soothed.  Not necessarily inspired or aroused. Of course, in my real world. I have all three. Indeed, a much-appreciated blessing. –Jim Broede

No comments: