Sunday, May 11, 2014

Do I have a choice?

Free will. I believe in it. But in destiny, too. Some things are meant to be. Sensing…after my first true love died…that I’d stumble across a second true love.  And when it happened, I knew it instantly. It almost felt like I’ve lived my life before. Maybe many times. And this happens. Each and every time. Maybe there is eternal recurrence. Living the same life over and over again. Perhaps in parallel universes. The key question. Am I allowed to alter my life? Or must I follow the exact same script. Forever. All it would take is one tiny alteration. To change the course of life. Dramatically. Am I permitted to do that?  Yes, I am. If I have free will. No, I’m not. If everything is meant to follow a rigid, unalterable script. I want free will. I wonder. Do I have a choice? Maybe I do. Maybe I am living many, many parallel lives at this very moment. Because I've made slight alterations. And I'm fully conscious. In each life. With totally different experiences. Different outcomes. In significantly different worlds. –Jim Broede

No comments: