Sunday, May 11, 2014

Discovering one's true self.

Most people are timid. Shy. Reclusive.  Relatively speaking, of course. That’s my impression. Or maybe it’s that they respect their privacy. But I suspect it’s more than that. Maybe they are fearful. About revealing too much. They even hide their names. Post their messages anonymously. Or use pseudonyms. Don’t even introduce their real selves. Maybe because they don’t know themselves. Never ever have gotten around to the matter of defining. They live. They die. Without real identities.  Makes me wonder. If people need to become more self-absorbed. More aware. More conscious. Turning inward. To discover their true selves.  And to be proud. To say, ‘This is who  I am.  And what I am all about.’ Imagine that. A fresh and novel approach to life. No fear of going naked. –Jim Broede

No comments: