Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Advocating the impossible.

When it comes to my country, I don’t have an insane sense of duty. Nobody would ever call me a super patriot. I’m unwilling to sacrifice life for country. Especially my life. It’s the other way around. I want my country to make life good. For us all. With programs that  more or less guarantee the basic necessities of life.  Good education. Good health care.  Employment. A decent, livable wage. For everyone. Social security. Let the common good be served. With a fair distribution of the wealth.  Shouldn’t necessarily be everyone for himself.  Survival of the fittest. Instead, I want a government that makes life easier and more comfortable.  For the masses of people. Not just an elite few. Of course, that means a narrowing of the gap between the rich and poor.  No, I’m not for equal income for everybody. Just a more reasonable distribution of wealth. Once again, for the sake of the common good. Yes, I know this won’t ever happen. But still, that doesn’t stop me from advocating the impossible. –Jim Broede

No comments: