Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Letting life evolve. Naturally.

I have no  moral obligation to a political party or country that seeks to widen the gap between the rich and poor. Essentially, elimination of a once-thriving middle class. Yes, I have serious concerns about the future of America. Maybe the U.S. will become a country I’d rather leave than stay in. I’m not ready to pledge undying and unequivocal allegiance to my native homeland. Unless it becomes dear and sweet again. I’m working for change. But fearful that the political situation will get worse, not better. If the Republicans take control of the Senate and the White House, I’ll be out of here. Doesn’t mean I won’t ever be back. Provided my country finds a decent and moral course again.  I’d flirt with living in Sardinia. Fulltime. With my beautiful and intelligent Italian true love. Though I could opt to go underground. And live in my cozy, sheltered cocoon in the Minnesota hinterlands. Pretending  that I’m in another world.  In paradise. Safe and protected. By the supreme spirits. For now, no need to get ahead of myself. I’ll wait and see. Letting life evolve. Naturally.  –Jim Broede

No comments: