Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Feeling grand and glorious.

My life. No matter where I am. Is grand and glorious. Any time that I want it to be. Doesn’t matter. Whether I’m in Sardinia or Minnesota or Iceland or Scotland. So many places. Really, I have yet to find a totally unromantic environs. Even in Texas and Oklahoma. Though I claim to detest those states. For many, many reasons. But still, I salvage something grand and glorious. In the godforsaken. That’s my nature. Yes, I could savor a unique moment in hell.  Conversing with the devil. To satisfy my curiosity, if nothing else. I’m in Minnesota. At the moment. Living on a lake. Listening to Handel chamber music. Watching the flags of Italy and Sardinia flutter in the breeze. The cumulative effect. Makes me feel grand and glorious. And very much alive. –Jim Broede

No comments: