Thursday, June 5, 2014

An opinionated romantic idealist.

One nice thing about me. I’m allowed to be opinionated. To write as I see it. Right or wrong. Sometimes I’m right. Other times, I’m wrong.  But usually, I’m out to learn the truth. My opinions change. Depending. Depending so much on what I learn. Sometimes I go off half-cocked. And become sort of a fool. Other times, I’m a genius. I get it totally right. When I make mistakes, I confess. I admit. Thing is, I’m not afraid to make blunders.  To venture into the unknown.  To take risks. Sometimes, merely out of curiosity. I’m fascinated. By a whole lot of things.  But mostly by life, in general. I talk to strangers. That often opens the door. To fascinating acquaintances. And friends. The two true loves in my life. They came to me. As total strangers. Maybe by happenstance. Possibly by divine intervention. Predestined blessings. Little wonder. That I’ve become an opinionated romantic idealist. A writer. A poet. A blogger. I have so many, many pursuits. And the most profound one of all. Keeps me alive and thriving. The pursuit of happiness. –Jim Broede

No comments: