Sunday, June 22, 2014

Far better than nothing.

Come to think of it. Dying may not be so bad. My imagination. Tells me. That there’s an afterlife.  I’m inclined to believe it. Because I want to. Not because of a religious belief. But rather, that on-going life is a natural flow. It happens because it happens. Belief has nothing to do with it. Of course, there’s a possibility of absolute nothing. After death, it’s all over. Nothing. Forever and ever. But I don’t want to believe that. It’s all right. If I’m fooling myself. Because I like to fool myself. It’s one of my favorite pastimes.  Coming to believe anything I want to believe.  No limits to my imagination.  Am I wrong? Am I right? Maybe it doesn’t matter. I’m here. Now. In the moment. A thinking being. I’ll take that. It’s far better than nothing. –Jim Broede

No comments: