Sunday, June 8, 2014

Giving it the old college try.

I know people who don’t know what to say. About anything. So they say nothing. But still, I encourage them. To find something to say. Anything. Merely to test the waters. Even if it sounds stupid. Don’t be afraid. To learn. That words count. So practice. Practice.  The craft of expression. Make it an art. When I was a baby. I can’t remember saying anything. But still, I babbled.  Without the least bit of embarrassment.  Made an absolute fool of myself. But still, people were bamboozled by what I had to say. They thought I was a cute babbler. They listened. They mimicked. Actually, made fools of themselves. Made me laugh. I was entertained. By watching people who had nothing to say. But still gave it the old college try. –Jim Broede

No comments: