Saturday, June 14, 2014

I ain't giving up.

Yes, Brookdale Senior Living Solutions expects to have crisis after crisis. Merely look at Kristen Puckett’s job title. For proof. Manager. Public relations and crisis communications.  She’s there to manage on-going crisis situations. Because Brookdale seems to operate in crisis mode.  With at least one dissatisfied customer. At it’s Clare Bridge nursing home. In North Oaks, a posh Twin  Cities suburb. Clare Bridge tries to masquerade as posh, too. My Alzheimer-riddled friend Ron stayed there for a while. Problem is. He didn’t get posh and effective care. Despite the $10,600 monthly fee. Paid by Ron’s family.  Very little individual, one-on-one care.  Instead, he was being warehoused. And grossly over-medicated. Into a stupor.  Ron has since been rescued and saved by his family.  Taken into their own home. Where he’s recovering from the Clare Bridge experience. I’m a friend of the family.  I provided some supplemental care. For Ron. At Clare Bridge. Where I saw what was and wasn’t happening. Now, I want to know why Ron wasn’t given better care. Especially for $10,600 a month. But I’m being stonewalled.  By the people that run and oversee the Clare Bridge operation.  But hey, I ain’t giving up. I’ll get to the bottom of the mess. One way or another.  Another crisis for Kristen Puckett to handle.  –Jim Broede

No comments: