Thursday, July 3, 2014

As if it was just any other day.

Don’t particularly like holidays. Or anniversaries. Or celebrations. Because they are supposed to be special. Better than other so-called ordinary days. I’d rather live every day at the same level. In a calm, cool and collected way. Savoring whatever happens. Doesn’t have to be jubilantly. Just in an even-keel manner. Doesn’t have to be any special preparation.    Better to go with the natural flow. In my case, I happen to love life. The tranquility.   The occasional exuberance, too. But I stop short of doing double flips in mid-air. I’m more restrained. On the American Fourth of July, I can do without the fireworks. And the noise-making. The stupid stuff. I go about my business. As if it was just any other day. –Jim Broede

No comments: