Saturday, July 12, 2014

Better to have lived.

Bad times don’t seem like bad times any more. Indeed, that’s strange. I'm pondering. When my dear sweet Jeanne had Alzheimer’s. Those 13 years of caring were a vital part of my life. Because Jeanne came through. And so did I. Of course, our lives ultimately end in death. But for now, I’m the survivor. And better for it. Better for the experience. And maybe the same goes for Jeanne. After all, death may be relief. A return to nothingness. Or a continuation of life in another form. Either way, it can be construed as good. Makes me wonder. If it matters. Especially if I learn acceptance. And make the most of life. As long as I’m truly alive. And able to appreciate the grandeur of it all. Yes, It’s my conclusion. Better to have lived than to have never lived. –Jim Broede

No comments: