Sunday, July 13, 2014

For a mission of endless discovery.

I’m different. No doubt about it. You know that. By reading my blog.  I don’t hesitate to be different. To write. Whatever comes to mind. That’s tantamount to thinking out loud. When I meet strangers. When traveling, for instance.  I’ll stir a conversation. About all sorts of things. When curious, I ask questions. Which may be deemed too personal. But that’s who/what I am. Personal. Early on. I give a stranger my card. Which identifies me. As romantic idealist. Spiritual free-thinker. Political liberal. Lover. Dreamer. Yes, a quick introduction.  I want the stranger to reciprocate. To tell me. In the first 10 or 15 minutes. Things significant. And personal. About one’s self.  The stranger has my name.  My email address. My postal mail address. My phone number. And not least, access to my blog. That’s a lot of very personal stuff.  Some strangers respond. In like way.  I want to know people. Because I’m naturally curious. I want them to know me. And not be frightened.  I especially like people who are fascinated. About life. And others. Fascinated by the world. By the fact that they exist. Knowing. Knowing. Knowing that they have been put on Planet Earth.  For a mission of endless discovery.  –Jim Broede

No comments: