Saturday, July 12, 2014

Living (in hell) without imagination.

Maybe I died 20 or 30 years ago. But refused to die. So I imagined. That I was still living. Maybe my prior life was imagined, too. Thinking today. That would be a wonderful way to live. Having a choice.  To live or to die. I could choose at the moment of death, to revert back to another time in my imagined life. For instance, when I first came to Minnesota. In 1965. I had the option of accepting another job. In Wisconsin.  What if I had done that? My whole life course would have changed. Perhaps in dramatic ways.  It would be nice. If I could revert back to that time. And start living another imagined life. At that very point. To see what would have happened. So very many times, my life could have taken another turn. And my destiny would have changed. I’m beginning to wonder. If all of life is imagined. There could be worse ways to live.  Such as. Without an imagination. That might be real hell. –Jim Broede

No comments: