Saturday, August 9, 2014

Life is what I want life to be.

A novelist. Has the option of playing god. That’s what I do. I don’t write the novel. But I live it. By romanticizing my life.  That’s tantamount to playing god. I have had two true loves. My wife of 38 years. Until she died of Alzheimer’s. And now my Italian true love. For the past seven years. I divide my time. Between Italy and America. And I write. Not novels. But about happenings. About me. And the people around me. And I give almost everything a romantic twist. I define friend. And foe. Sometimes, I pretend. And make people what they aren’t. Depending on my mood. And my desire. Yes, it is a little like playing god. And why not?  It makes for an interesting life. Allows me to create. That’s really the essence of god. The creator. I have created god. From within. In my fertile imagination.  God is what I want god to be. Same goes for life. Life is what I want life to be. –Jim Broede  

No comments: