Saturday, August 9, 2014

Presto! God comes into being.

I like to play god. It’s not good enough for me to ask, ‘What would Jesus do?’  Instead, I bypass Jesus and all the other religious leaders. From every faith. And ask not only what god would do. But what god should do. I do that, by playing god. Pretending that I am god. Nothing wrong with that. Helps me exercise my imagination. I figure that god uses his imagination. And wants me to do the same. With mine. Maybe that’s why he gave me an imagination. Or maybe he didn’t. And he’s pissed. Because I have one. But really, god may be impressed. By my acting ability. By playing a complex god.  Certainly, I have the wherewithal. The talent. To decide what’s best for the world. For all of creation. Because I have been endowed. By god himself. With great perception. Of course, I’m trying to be funny. To some extent. But also, one must have a gigantic ego. To be. Or to play god. It takes some daring. Because god may conclude that I’m usurping his authority. And I’ll be put in my place. Taught a rude lesson. But I’m pretending that god is kindly. A true god of love. A god that really doesn’t want to interfere with the ways of mankind. It’s a possibility that mankind existed even prior to the birth of god. And it was mankind that created/invented god. Imagine that. All  it takes. A vivid imagination. Presto!  God comes into being. –Jim Broede

No comments: