Monday, August 18, 2014

With no need for a crying room.

My granddaughter Erikka has three kids. Ages 2, 4 and 6.  And they are wonderful. Fortunately, I’m still a decent great grandfather. Mostly because I see the youngsters only now and then. Adjusting to a daily dose of young children would be difficult.  I was able to handle it in my younger days. It’s not my forte any more. At age 78, I want peace and quiet. Without having to tend to children. Except occasionally. When I’m rested and in a position to truly enjoy children. For a day, that is.  Certainly not for a week. Of course, I had no qualms being with Erikka when she was growing up. Time to teach Erikka how to stop crying. When the tears flowed, she was dispatched to the crying room. Welcome to return to our gathering only when she stopped crying. Maybe that’s why she’s blossomed into a superb mother who’s learned to take life in stride. With no need for a crying room. --Jim Broede

No comments: